1. To protect your vacation investment.
If something happens, like a loved one is hospitalized right before your trip, with trip cancellation benefits, you can be reimbursed for prepaid, nonrefundable trip costs when you cancel for a covered reason.
2. Medical emergencies abroad are really expensive
Most foreign countries do not accept US insurance plans. Some are even requiring proof of travel insurance with medical benefits before they let you into the country! You don’t want to get caught paying out-of-pocket for your medical treatment if you’re in an accident or get sick while traveling out of the country.
3. Don’t let minor mishaps ruin your trip
Missing your flight, your bags didn’t arrive with you – not a great way to start a vacation. But, travel delay benefits and baggage delay benefits can help ease the pain with reimbursement for additional expenses, like essential items until you get your luggage or overnight accommodations because of a covered departure delay.
4. Travel Insurance is more affordable than you think.
Your AAA Travel Agent will help you find the best option for your needs and budget.
With a AAA-exclusive TripAssist plan from our trusted travel insurance partner Allianz Global Assistance, you can relax before and during your trips knowing you can be protected in case of covered:
- Unexpected cancellations
- Travel delays
- Medical emergencies
- Lost luggage
- And more
Call Your Local AAA Travel Agent Today: 1-800-444-8691
Unique TripAssist Plan Benefits
Purchasing a TripAssist plan through AAA comes with some value-adding benefits that aren’t available with all other Allianz Global Assistance travel protection plans, including:
- Vehicle return to reimburse you the cost of transporting your vehicle back to your residence when a covered illness or injury prevents completion of your trip
- Missed port of call that can provide you with $100 payments, up to your plan’s maximum amount, when your cruise misses a scheduled port of call on your original itinerary or replaces it with another port of call
- SmartBenefitsSM that can provide automatic, proactive payments for covered delays on monitored flights and a no-receipts-required payment option for lost or delayed baggage*
How TripAssist compares to cruise, credit card, and tour insurance
While it can be convenient to purchase a travel supplier-offered insurance plan or rely on credit card protections when booking your trip, be sure to compare the benefits because third-party plans like TripAssist usually have more comprehensive, secure, and flexible benefits. Learn more about some key differences between supplier and third-party travel insurance plans.
*When you opt in and provide flight information, we’ll monitor flights and send flight status and benefit alerts, including alerts about flight delays that qualify for automated travel delay payment. Standard message/data rates apply to SMS alerts. Automated claims and payment system availability is not guaranteed and is subject to our sole discretion. No receipts are required for non-monitored flights to qualify for a $100 payment per day–just proof of the covered delay. No receipts for expenses are required to qualify for a $100 baggage delay payment—just proof of baggage delay. All claims subject to policy terms, conditions, and exclusions.